Rhinoplasty, also known as a nose job, is a popular facial surgery that transforms the appearance of your nose to enhance overall facial harmony, symmetry, and balance. However, people of color and rich heritage often face unique challenges while seeking rhinoplasty. Most plastic surgeons take a eurocentric approach to rhinoplasty, i.e., they shape the nose with western notions of facial beauty, such as a narrow nose, straight bridge, etc.
Ethnic rhinoplasty is a specific rhinoplasty procedure that reshapes your nose without removing the unique markers of your ethnic identity and lineage. Dr. Garrett A. Wirth is a board-certified plastic surgeon with a keen understanding of facial anatomy amongst patients of different ethnicities. He curates a treatment plan that conforms to your cosmetic goals and cultural lineage, providing a nose job that enhances facial harmony without erasing your identity.
The first visible signs of aging often appear in the neck region as the skin begins to lose its elasticity. Neck liposuction is a surgical solution for men and women hoping to improve their appearance and look younger. Board Certified plastic surgeon Dr. Garrett A. Wirth understands the aesthetic importance of a toned, smooth neck. He has years of training and experience performing neck liposuction in Newport Beach.
What is an ethnic rhinoplasty?
An ethnic rhinoplasty is a form of rhinoplasty wherein your nose is restructured and contoured in accordance with your cultural lineage. While all forms of rhinoplasties aim to enhance facial harmony and symmetry, an ethnic rhinoplasty takes particular care NOT to do so by erasing crucial markers of your ethnic background, but by preserving them. Instead of following a basic template, your surgeon tailors each ethnic rhinoplasty procedure to your specific needs, ensuring optimal and natural-looking results that make you proud.
What are the advantages of ethnic rhinoplasty?
- Facial Harmony: Dr. Wirth contours your nose tissues to ensure and maximize facial harmony, balance, and symmetry, which, in turn, enhances your facial appearance.
- Youthfulness: Fixing certain structural deformities, such as a droopy tip or nose hump, can make you look and feel more youthful.
- Personalized Treatment: Surgeons providing ethnic rhinoplasties have to make a concerted effort to avoid cookie-cutter templates of what’s deemed beautiful. Instead, the procedure must be tailored to your specific needs and cosmetic goals, ensuring better results.
- Structural Problems: An ethnic background can also address and fix structural issues, such as a deviated septum, even if that isn’t your primary goal.
- Functional Improvements: By addressing structural problems an ethnic rhinoplasty also provides potential functional improvements, such as improving your speech and breathing. By removing nasal obstructions, you can also sleep more comfortably.
- Confidence: An ethnic rhinoplasty makes you feel more confident about your facial appearance.
Who is a candidate for ethnic rhinoplasty?
Our board-certified plastic surgeon carefully examines your nose to correct various aesthetic and structural problems, such as dorsal humps, asymmetry, etc. During your consultation, Dr. Wirth patiently examines your nose and discusses your cosmetic goals and medical history to determine if you’re a suitable candidate for an ethnic rhinoplasty.
Ethnic rhinoplasty is the ideal procedure for you if:
- You’re a person of color, and you want to preserve the unique markers of your ethnic lineage
- Your nose structure has reached full maturity
- You’re unhappy with the general appearance of your nose
- Your nose isn’t proportional to the rest of your face
- You are physically healthy and of sound mind
- You have realistic expectations for the procedure
- You have breathing or speaking problems because of structural defects
How does an ethnic rhinoplasty work?
Dr. Wirth will curate the ideal treatment plan for your nose surgery during your consultation. He will administer general anesthesia before starting, so you won’t be conscious for the procedure. In most cases, the rhinoplasty surgery starts with incisions made inside the nostrils to access the soft tissues. Dr. Wirth will place a small incision in the columella, i.e., the bridge of skin between the nostrils. After separating the skin from the underlying tissues, Dr. Wirth will contour the bone and cartilage according to your cosmetic goals.
When the entire procedure is done, he’ll suture the incisions and place a nasal splint, which you’ll have to wear for a week after the ethnic rhinoplasty. You may experience some swelling, discomfort, and bruising, but you’ll notice the procedure’s results once the swelling and bruising dissipate in a few days.
Why choose Dr. Wirth for ethnic rhinoplasty?
Dr. Wirth is one of the best board-certified plastic surgeons in the area. He has a keen understanding of facial anatomy, coupled with considerable experience operating on patients from various ethnicities. He discusses your treatment options and collectively curates a treatment plan that addresses your cosmetic goals without erasing your cultural identity. He aims to produce cosmetic results that look completely natural. You can view our rhinoplasty gallery to see how he has helped other patients.
Request a Complimentary Consultation
The First Step To Incredible Possibilities