At Wirth Plastic Surgery, we take your care extremely seriously, from the first consultation to the last post-operative checkup.
Pre-Procedure Care from Wirth Plastic Surgery
Our Board Certified Newport Beach plastic surgeon understands how important it is to educate our patients at every opportunity, which is why we have included these reminders for patients with upcoming procedures. These are a good way to get an idea of what to expect, but pre-surgery care could vary from procedure to procedure.
The Day Before the Surgery
- We recommend that you maintain a clear liquid diet
- Take 1000 mg of Tylenol or acetaminophen orally at 6am, 2pm, and 10pm
- Take 600 mg of Gabapentin orally before bed, if ordered by Dr. Wirth
- Shower with first packet of Hibiclens (body only)
- Do not eat or drink after midnight*
*If you have to take any medications after midnight or into the next day, your anesthesiology team will discuss taking small sips for the medication.
The Day of Surgery
- If approved by anesthesiology team, take approved medications with a sip of water ONLY – NO other beverages
- Shower with the second packet of Hibiclens (body only)
- Ensure you bring any medications you may need, your identification, comfortable clothing, and glasses if you need them (do not wear contacts)
- If you were given “Emend” medication, take this an hour before your surgery, after being checked into the surgery center
- Take 1000 mg of Tylenol or acetaminophen orally an hour before surgery
- If ordered, take Gabapentin an hour before surgery