When it comes to parts of the body that people want to change, the tummy area is almost always at the top of the list. A tummy tuck can help to tighten up the muscles and excess skin, but it does not remove any of the fat that might still be there.
Who is a Candidate for Lipoabdominoplasty?
It is important to remember that, as with any procedure involving liposuction, this procedure is not intended as a weight loss solution. Rather, it works best as a way to address those small pockets of fat and excess skin which do not respond to diet and exercise.
A good candidate for this procedure:
- Is in good overall physical and emotional health
- Is at or near a healthy weight for their build
- Has excess fat on the abdomen and loose abdominal muscles that stays despite diet and exercise
- Has loose skin and tissue on the abdomen
- Does not intend to get pregnant again