If you find that your breasts are not as voluminous as they once were and are not sitting as high on your chest, our plastic surgeon can help.
Breast lift with augmentation: Recovery tips
You have new breasts, and no doubt you are excited about showing them off in new bras and clothing, but you need enough time to heal. Following these tips will help you recover faster, and heal as you should, without complications.
Plan ahead and arrange for a friend or family member to stay with you for a day or two, including during the night. You will just want to rest and will need the help.
- Fill all prescriptions prior to your surgery, and take each medication exactly as directed.
- Follow your aftercare instructions carefully, including how to care for your incisions.
- Plan for a week of rest, with only gentle walks as exercise.
- Eat healthy foods, low in salt, and drink plenty of water.
- Sleep with your upper body elevated, on your back.
- Do not reach, lift, or stretch as this may put stress on your incisions. No lifting children or pets!
- Wear your surgical bra as directed, for the time required.
- Just take it easy, so your body can expend all its energy in healing. Hold off on social events, shopping, or other activities until you are well on the road to recovery.