The term “mommy makeover” is used to describe a combination of cosmetic procedures elected by women following the birth of their children. This cosmetic surgery strives to improve several areas of the body in one safe surgery, eliminating the need for increased downtime and multiple recovery periods. At Wirth Plastic Surgery, we are an aesthetic concierge practice and we can help to orchestrate your transformation from start to finish so it goes as smoothly as possible.
Board Certified plastic surgeon Dr. Garrett A. Wirth has years of experience performing mommy makeovers in Newport Beach. He specializes in various body makeover procedures such as tummy tucks, breast surgery, labiaplasty, and more.
Candidates for a Mommy Makeover
You may be a potential candidate for this procedure if you meet some of the following criteria:
- You are bothered by changes to your body brought on by pregnancy and/or childbirth
- You are at least six months postpartum and six months out from breastfeeding
- You are maintaining a stable weight which increases the opportunities for success
- You possess realistic surgical expectations
Additionally, it is essential that women undergoing these surgeries possess good overall physical and mental health. During your one-on-one consultation with Dr. Wirth, he will be able to create a personalized surgical plan that will align with your specific cosmetic goals.
How it Works
A mommy makeover is a very personalized surgery. For most women, a number of cosmetic procedures will be needed to reverse the effects of childbirth and pregnancy. Your makeover may include a tummy tuck, breast augmentation and/or breast lift, labiaplasty, and more. Prior to surgery, Dr. Wirth will work with you to design a personalized surgical plan.
Your customized mommy makeover may include procedures such as:
- Tummy tuck: This surgical procedure is designed to remove excess fat and skin from the abdominal region and tightening of the muscles, resulting in a more toned stomach.
- Breast augmentation: This is a cosmetic procedure elected to create larger, more symmetrical breasts through the surgical insertion of implants.
- Breast lift: This surgical procedure is designed to remove excess tissue surrounding the breasts, corrective siting tissues, nipples, and lifting the nipple areolar complex along with the breast tissues resulting in a more youthful breast contour.
- Labiaplasty: This is a cosmetic procedure intended to improve the appearance of the labia minora through the removal and reshaping of excess tissue.
Because your makeover may involve multiple cosmetic surgeries, Dr. Wirth may recommend that you undergo your surgeries in stages if this will result in increased safety for you.
What Happens After?
The extent of your recovery will depend on what your makeover entails. Following surgery, Dr. Wirth will provide you with specific aftercare instructions. It is likely that you will experience discomfort and require someone to help you get around for at the least the first 72 hours after your surgery. Dr. Wirth may provide you with prescription pain medication to alleviate your discomfort. You may also be required to wear compression garments to minimize swelling and aid in the recovery process.
You should be up and about the day after surgery, gradually resuming light activities. Most patients are able to return to work within 2-3 weeks; however, rigorous activities such as exercise should be avoided for several weeks. Several months may pass before the final results of your makeover are apparent. The results will be more or less permanent; however, significant weight fluctuations or additional pregnancies may alter results. Maintaining a healthy diet and exercise program will increase the probability of long-lasting results.
Are you interested in learning more about mommy makeovers in Newport Beach? Board Certified plastic surgeon Dr. Garrett A. Wirth would be happy to discuss the details with you in person. Contact our office at (949) 238-6713 to set up a consultation.