Newport Beach Rhinoplasty
Providing Orange County Patients with Increased Confidence
Nose surgery, also known as rhinoplasty, is a popular plastic surgery procedure for men and women seeking enhanced balance and symmetry to their facial features. Board Certified plastic surgeon, Dr. Garrett A. Wirth understands the importance of facial harmony. He has years of experience performing rhinoplasty in Newport Beach and often provides other surgical enhancements such as chin surgery, in conjunction with rhinoplasty. We are an aesthetic concierge practice dedicated to helping you feel more confident than ever!
Types of Rhinoplasty
Choosing which type of rhinoplasty in Newport Beach is right for you will depend heavily on what you are hoping to achieve with the procedure. Each of these procedures requires remarkable technical skill in concert with classical aesthetic sensibilities.
Our experienced surgeon offers all of the main types of rhinoplasty, including:
- Primary rhinoplasty: This is the procedure that most people are thinking of when they think of rhinoplasty. It helps patients address a wide variety of cosmetic challenges, such as the nose being disproportionate to the face, asymmetrical, or having aspects which are out of balance with the rest of the face.
- Secondary rhinoplasty: There are situations in which a patient is unhappy with the results of a previous rhinoplasty procedure. Perhaps the surgeon was not as skilled or careful as they needed to be, or perhaps there simply wasn’t enough of an alteration. Whatever the reason, we can help you to achieve the final outcome you desire.
- Revision rhinoplasty: This procedure, also referred to as corrective nose surgery, focuses more on the function of the nose, addressing things like septum issues and breathing problems due to previous surgery or trauma.
- Ethnic rhinoplasty: People of color sometimes face unique challenges if they want rhinoplasty procedures. Our surgeon has the skill to help you reach the results you are looking for without erasing what makes you, you!
Candidates for Rhinoplasty
Our Newport Beach rhinoplasty can correct a variety of conditions such as asymmetry, structural defects, dorsal humps and more. Following a thorough examination with Dr. Wirth, he will be able to determine if rhinoplasty is best suited for your cosmetic goals.
You may be a potential candidate for rhinoplasty if you meet some of the following criteria:
- You feel your nose is disproportionate to the rest of your face
- You possess good overall physical and psychological health
- You have realistic surgical expectations
How Rhinoplasty Works
There are various surgical techniques that can be utilized during rhinoplasty in Newport Beach. Prior to surgery, Dr. Wirth will work with you to personalize a surgical plan that will best meet your needs. Rhinoplasty is generally completed in 2 or more hours and is performed under general anesthesia, depending on the complexity of your augmentation.
In most cases, Dr. Wirth will begin by making an incisions inside the nostrils to gain access to the underlying soft tissue. A small incision made be made in the columella. (This is the small bridge of skin between her nostrils which is a well-hidden scar) Following incision, Dr. Wirth will gently separate the skin from the underlying tissue, so that bone and cartilage can be contoured to form a new shape. Once the procedure is complete, the skin will be draped back over the underlying structure and sutured. A soft nasal splint may also be placed to secure your nose during the first week of recovery. Often, procedures that can improve your breathing will be addressed at the same time such as a septoplasty, which would be considered a septal rhinoplasty, spreader grafts, spreader flaps, and others. It is critically important to Dr. Wirth to always address function as well as form.
What Happens After a Rhinoplasty?
After surgery, you may be required to wear a nasal splint for up to one week. Bruising, swelling and some pain are all normal during the initial phase of recovery. In addition to providing you with specific aftercare instructions, Dr. Wirth may prescribe painkillers to alleviate discomfort. Swelling and bruising is likely to be present for several days and possibly weeks after your nose surgery.
Recovery times vary among patients. In most cases, you should be able to return to work within 10 days of your surgery or sooner depending on your work and acceptance of splint and bruising show to your coworkers. Is important that you avoid trauma to your nose following your Newport Beach nose job. Rigorous exercise and contact sports should be avoided for several weeks. The final results of your rhinoplasty may not be apparent for several months. If you are considering revision rhinoplasty, it is recommended that you wait at least a year following your initial surgery.
Call Wirth Plastic Surgery Today for More Information
View our rhinoplasty gallery to see real results we have provided our patients! When you are considering rhinoplasty in Newport Beach, our Board Certified plastic surgeon can help.
Request a Complimentary Consultation
The First Step To Incredible Possibilities