Having stubborn acne or pervasive acne scars can be extremely frustrating. They can make a person reluctant to go out and be seen due to being self-conscious about their skin. Rather than waste money on off-the-shelf treatments that do not work or expensive cover-up, consider turning to our team at Wirth Plastic Surgery. We are proud to offer several acne treatments in Newport Beach and throughout Orange County.
Treating Acne & Acne Scars on an Individual Level
One of the most common issues that people have when they are trying to self-treat their acne is treating it like a one-size-fits-all problem. Your skin, just like the rest of you, has a completely unique set of strengths, weaknesses, and needs to help it be as healthy as possible. Because of this, finding effective solutions can be a shot in the dark. Instead of guessing, let our team of highly skilled professionals provide you with a customized treatment plan, tailored to help your skin feel its best.
There are numerous options available to address acne scars and discoloration, including:
- ZO Skin Health
- Laser resurfacing or skin tightening: The use of lasers on the skin in specialized wavelengths encourage the production of healthy skin cells, which helps to get rid of scars and discoloration due to acne.
- Microdermabrasion: Lasting for 30-60 minutes with minimal downtime, microdermabrasion is a process which gently removes the skin’s outermost layer to stimulate healthy new skin cells and collagen. Both of these help to smooth the appearance of scars.
- Chemical peels: These come in a range of different strengths to remove outer layers of skin which may have been damaged over time.
- LightStim®: Using special wavelengths of LED light, LightStim® works to kill acne-causing bacteria and promote circulation.
- IPL (Intense Pulsed Light) Photofacial: This is a very superficial skin treatment that does not damage or abrade your skin. It helps to encourage the growth of new skin cells and reveals clearer skin with minimal discomfort.
- Subcision: This is intended for what is called a rolling scar, which has peaks and valleys across the skin, or ice pick scars, which are deep, pinpoint holes. A needle is inserted beneath the skin to break up the scarred tissue. This may be followed by dermal fillers to keep the skin smooth.
- Dermal fillers: This is an excellent option for those who have depressed acne scars. Dermal fillers help to fill these depressions and smooth out the skin.
Hold Your Head High
At Wirth Plastic Surgery, we can help you determine the best acne treatments in Newport Beach to get that radiant, healthy skin you’ve been working toward.
Call us at (949) 238-6713 to schedule your consultation with our team!